Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Octavio Steps Into The Ring


In the hallway outside the gym lay the "Roger" bag, battered and bashed up.  The photo above is of the heavy bag that was hung to replace it.  I'm guessing the bag was hung up sometime on Tuesday when the kids were using the gym.  Because I rather not be reminded of the odious person I named the previous bag after, the new bag will remain nameless.


In this shot, Kenny and Nick stand on the apron of the ring watching Colonel and Ken sparring.  Colonel's doctor said he could step up his exercise routine, but to be careful.  Colonel thought he was being knocked around a lot by Ken, but he did good.

Nick sparred with Ken, but I have no photos because I was taping on Nick's cell phone.  Nick wanted to get an idea of what he needs to work on.  I wish I had a video camera because I would tape everyone's sparring sessions so people could review them.  It would be a great help.


Alan and Octavio sparred; it was Octavio's first time sparring.  Alan went easy on him, but not too easy.  Octavio wasn't throwing his punches out all the way, but after prompting from Alan, Octavio eventually did so.


I would have sparred, but neither Diana, Renee, or Rachel wanted to get into the ring.  Truth be told, I probably had no business thinking about sparring. . . .my knees continue to bother me.  I was pounding the pavement earlier looking for clients (I'm in sales), and my knees and feet don't seem to be able to take all the walking and standing anymore.  That's really a concern, because I love to walk.


Josh came in with his two oldest children, a boy and a girl.  I mock shadow boxed with the boy.  Josh's daughter seemed to want to be somewhere else.  She doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm for the sport like her brothers have.  But just like last time, she asked very intelligent questions about boxing and the gym in general.

No comments: